Not content with appearing at Hay not once, but twice this week, I also have a sickening three books out, the first of which, Penny Dreadful, is unleashed on an unsuspecting public today. Her name isn’t actually Dreadful, it’s Jones. The Dreadful is just her dad’s joke. She knows it is a joke because when he says it he laughs like a honking goose, but she does not see the funny side. Plus it is not even true that she is dreadful. It is like Gran says, she is just a MAGNET FOR DISASTER. It is already being described as a ‘Horrid Henry for girls’ (and not just by my mum, but by The Bookseller, who have actually read both, unlike my mum who prefers a bit of Maeve Binchy). So what are you waiting for…?
- Menace is listening to Bryan Adams in the shower. I have taught her nothing. NOTHING! 5 hours ago
- RT @lizziebooks: Only on page 45 & I'm disturbing my train carriage with the 😂. So sharp. I *love* it. Bravo @joannanadin @anthony_mcgowan… 7 hours ago
- Three days to go until @edbookfest with @chrishoy and @ClareElsom but I've already packed. #keenerandproud #flyingfergus #justlikeDaisy 8 hours ago
- RT @lizziebooks: Look what I just treated myself to in @WaterstonesNewc - only the best in collaborative writing... https://t.co/lFoZPqdsAb 8 hours ago
- Every so often I wake at 2am with a profound sense of loss and abandonment. I put it down to Amazon cancelling Roadies. 23 hours ago
Search this site